Finding your favorite kratom strain is a combination of trial and error.
You might want to try several strains to determine what works best.
Ask your friends about their favorites, read reviews online, and look at various retailers.
We sell a wide array of kratom brands HERE.
1. Kratom Flavors
Different Types of Kratom
Kratom is obtained from the foliage of the Mitragyna speciosa tree.
A member of the coffee family, the tropical tree flourishes throughout much of SE Asia.
The tree’s leaves are loaded with alkaloids, especially Mitragynine and 7-hydroxymitragynine.
The taste of kratom is acquired over time.
Yes, many users say they enjoy the bitter flavor, but most users still wrinkle their noses at the pungent taste.
In fact, one of the main reasons why people turn to kratom capsules is to avoid unpleasant bitterness.
Using the tried and true method of toss and wash involves placing a spoonful of kratom directly in your mouth and washing it down with a glass of water.
Even though you follow the powder with water, the taste will linger on your mouth and might be more than you can handle if you have sensitive taste buds.
Different kratom varieties do have varying flavors which largely depend on the alkaloid percentage and the cultivation practices that went into creating the strains.
Environmental factors like drought, excessive rain, humidity, and sun ratio all impact the taste of the herb.
Weighing the flavor of the various types is one way to find your favorite kratom strain.
2. Kratom Varieties
Kratom is divided by the region where it was grown and the vein color of the leaves.
You’ll encounter names like Red Vein Bali, White Borneo, and Green Maeng Da.
With Maeng Da, the name does not indicate where the strain was grown but instead refers to the strength of the variety.
The name Maeng Da translates into ‘pimp grade’ and is the locals’ way of distinguishing the strain as quality and strong.
Kratom colors are divided by the vein color found in the strains.
The hue of the veins denotes their alkaloid percentages.
The longer the leaves are left on the tree, the various changes are reflected in the leaves by the changing vein color.
You’ll want to research the various varieties to pick your favorite kratom strain.
- Red Vein: These strains are great if you want something that provides a relaxing and pleasant effect with only mild sedation. Interestingly, the red strains are the most popular kratom varieties.
- White Vein: This is a great energy booster that uplifts your mood and improves your focus substantially.
- Green Vein: A lovely combination of euphoria coupled with a positive mood lift. You’ll feel a bit chatty with these strains.
3. Try as Many as Possible to Pick Your Favorite Kratom Strain
You’ve probably heard about kratom tolerance.
It can happen when you use the same strain of kratom frequently.
Clearly, you’ll want to pick your favorite strain of kratom but avoid using it repeatedly.
Instead, pick several that you like.
The best way to use the herb is to try as many as possible to pick your favorite kratom strain.
Work a schedule, one day try one strain, and on another day pick something else.
Line up several choices.
You’ll avoid developing a tolerance while you figure out which ones stand out.
4. Kratom Selections: Powders, Capsules, and Extracts
When picking your favorite kratom strain, you’ll want to think about the selections that are available. Will you be using powder, capsules, or extracts? Part of picking your favorite kratom strain is choosing the ingestion method.
- Powder is a classic method. You can taste the robust and bitter alkaloids when you use powders unless you brew it in a coffee, tea, or smoothie to mask the sourness. You can add a bit of sugar or honey to further sweeten things. If you are using fruit, then they will naturally add their own flavor to the kratom variety.
- Extracts are becoming popular and many brands have started to offer tinctures. You can add the extract to a beverage or place a few drops on or under your tongue for fast absorption. A tincture is a nice way to pick your favorite kratom strain based on physical impact.
- Capsules let you take the correct dosage of kratom every time. Each capsule is pre-measured, so it takes away any guessing. Many kratom users will only use capsules because of dosage accuracy, ease of use, and the fact that the capsules mask the unpleasant taste of the kratom nicely. Also, they are easy to use. You can carry a bottle of capsules in your purse or pocket and then take the herb when needed or as a part of your daily supplement plan.
5. Kratom Strengths
When making kratom choices, you’ll want to factor in strength.
Some strains are known to pack a punch like Maeng Da.
Typically, if you are a newbie then you’ll want to steer clear of the heavy hitters but if you are a moderate to frequent kratom user then why not take a walk on the wild side by stepping up to the plate with kratom strengths.
Purchase Maeng Da to see if it becomes one of your favorite kratom strains.
A lot of people want to forego milder forms and go straight to potent varieties but, ideally, you should ease into potent strains.
Sometimes the milder forms are more suited to a person’s particular needs.
Try as many as possible to decide which is best.
6. Narrowing It Down
Picking the Best
Sit down and write up a list of all the traits that you have enjoyed with the various kratom varieties you have used.
Ideally, you should have tried at least five strains so you can truly pinpoint the various factors that you have enjoyed.
Also, write down anything that you did not enjoy.
You are going to use this list to narrow down your selections so you can pick your favorite kratom strain with ease.
Match up the various strains that you have tried with the characteristics that you have listed; both positive and negative.
Examine your list. You can cross off the strains that match any unpleasant aspects.
Only look at the strains that align with the positives on your list.
Now break these strains down even further so you can truly determine which one is the leader.
Once you have a first-place strain then it’s time to crown it as your favorite kratom strain.
Remember, many things will impact how kratom affects you.
Factors such as dosage, vein color, and brand all matter.
Plus, in time, your body chemistry changes as you age, gain or lose weight, and experience other changes so your favorites will also update regularly.
The favorite kratom strain of the month might fall into last place if you try something new and like it better.
Change is always a welcome thing, so don’t be upset if you need to seek out a new favorite strain.
Always try as many choices as possible, continue to use a low dose, and alternate favorite kratom strains to avoid building up a kratom tolerance.
Leave A Comment