Before using Kratom, it helps to research and find out its effects and risks.
Here are the most common myths about using Kratom:
- It is an illegal substance: It is mostly legal to consume Kratom in the United States, but a few states, counties, and cities have placed prohibitions on its usage. Find out more here.
- It can get you high: No, it can’t. Some varieties will help you to relax, feel more peaceful, and sleep better. Others will make you feel more energetic and improve your concentration.
- It is addictive: The jury is still out on this one. Some research studies claim it can become addictive if you consume it daily and in higher doses. Others debunk this claim and say that the withdrawal symptoms are similar to what you would experience with coffee. You might have a headache and feel somewhat sluggish.
- It can cause deaths: There have been no reported cases of people dying from taking pure, high-quality Kratom. Also, researchers, who injected lab animals with mitragynine and 7-hydroxymitragynine compounds, reported no adverse reactions in the animals.
- It has no health benefits: Kratom has long proven useful in traditional medicine for providing pain relief in arthritis, cancer, nerve injuries, and other health conditions. It is also known to reduce anxiety and promote better sleep.
Kratom Myths and Effects
You can get a different sedative or stimulating effects, depending on the red-vein, white-vein, green-vein Kratom varieties or blends that you use. According to Kratom users, high-quality Kratom can be effective for:
- Relieving pain
- Fostering relaxation
- Improving concentration
- Enhancing mood
- Increasing energy
- Boosting confidence
- Providing sleep support
Even if you use high-quality Kratom, it is still an opioid, and there may be some risks involved with its regular intake. The risks are greater if you take high doses of Kratom or mix it with alcohol or psychoactive drugs. Here are some side effects that you might experience:
- Dry mouth
- Increased urination
- Loss of appetite
How to Get Help: Kratom Myths
It is advisable to consult your doctor before taking Kratom. If you have any chronic health conditions and are on medications for these, make sure that these won’t produce any harmful reactions with Kratom.
If you experience any adverse side effects after consuming Kratom, stop taking it until your body returns to normal. Seek immediate medical help if any side effects persist.
Additionally, make sure that you always buy high-quality Kratom. You can order different brand varieties from My Kratom Club. We ship to locations in the United States, where Kratom is legally permitted.