Interest in kratom is growing in America.
In a recent survey, it was found that from 10 to 16 million people regularly use kratom throughout the country which is about 3 to 4.9 percent of the population.
Users are turning to the herbal supplement for a variety of reasons such as to conquer opioid withdrawal, to control pain, and assist with depression.
Other interesting statistics revealed by the study was that the majority of people who use it are younger than 41 years old and female.
With so many using the herb, many people are wondering how often can they use kratom?
Is it a daily supplement or is it used only on occasion?
What is Kratom?
The Mitragyna speciosa tree is a tropical evergreen that belongs to the coffee family.
It grows throughout much of SE Asia.
The foliage of the tree is harvested and cured for use as kratom.
Indigenous populations throughout the region extensively used kratom for centuries as a stimulant, pain reliever, for festivals, as a social beverage, and to overcome addiction.
On the islands, most users chew the fresh leaves to extract the rich alkaloids but it is also favored as a hot tea because you can add honey or sugar to sweeten the beverage and mask its flavor.
They also add a pinch of salt to prevent constipation.
In such SE Asian locations, many use the supplement on a daily basis.
How to Use Kratom in the USA?
In the USA, people use kratom as a powder, capsule, or extract.
They can add the powder to smoothies, coffees, or teas to mask the flavor.
The powder is also ingested via a toss and wash method which entails taking a mouthful of powder and washing it down with a glass of water.
However, some users have a hard time with the method and start gagging on the powder.
Capsules are also an easy way to take an accurate dose of the herbs.
What to Expect?
When you take kratom at a low dose it has stimulating effects that make you feel motivated, energetic, and more social.
Most users also report feelings of euphoria.
A newbie might find the stimulation a little edgy at first so should take a low dose of the herb initially.
Also, until you find your sweet spot you can experience excessive sweating, dizziness, nausea, or dysphoria.
Unfortunately, with continued use, you can build up a tolerance to the herb so it takes more of it to gain the same impact as when you were a new user.
You’ll end up increasing your dose but if you take a high dose the herbal supplement causes you to experience a sedative effect.
You’ll feel relaxed, sleepy, and even like you are awake/dream state.
In high doses, many compare the impact that of opioids.
When first ingested, it will usually take kratom about 15 to 20 minutes before you start to feel the effects.
A stronger dose might hit you harder and quicker.
The intensity tends to continue building for two to four hours before plateauing and then you’ll experience the descent as the alkaloids of the plant start to wear off.
Building a Tolerance
You should not use kratom every day or you will eventually build up a tolerance.
In an effort to continue obtaining the same effects, you’ll increase the dose of kratom but if you take too much then you will no longer feel stimulated and you’ll just experience sleepiness.
It becomes virtually impossible to feel the way you did as a newbie user once you have developed a kratom tolerance.
To avoid kratom tolerance take the following steps:
- Do not use kratom every day
- Take the lowest possible dose needed to achieve results.
- Rotate strains so you are not always using the same strain each time.
If you suffer from chronic pain or some other conditions that make it necessary to use kratom frequently then one day you should use one strain and the next day use a different strain to avoid experiencing kratom tolerance.
The Phases of Tolerance
Capsule and Powder Form
There are three phases of kratom tolerance that users should become familiar with.
- Honeymoon Phase: The newbie phase of kratom use when just a pinch of the herb provides you with potent effects that seem long-lasting.
- The Sweet Spot: This phase occurs when you reach the optimum dosage (typically 2.4 grams). You can use two doses in a 24-hour period. At this point, you’ll need to alternate strains to stay at this stage as long as possible, especially if you frequently use kratom.
- Tolerance: The third stage is when your body has become accustomed to kratom. You can easily gain any effects without taking a high dose of the herb.
The only way to avoid tolerance is to limit use and switch strains.
Eventually, every user will develop a tolerance for kratom if you use it every day. Try to avoid using the herb every day to prevent kratom tolerance.
Reasons Why the Herb is Not Working
Tolerance is the number one reason for kratom not working. However, there are other causes.
- Dosage: You have to constantly adjust the dosage based on the strain and your tolerance. Initially, you can start out taking one to five grams of the herb but over time you’ll probably increase the dosage past that level to five to fifteen grams. The metabolism of individuals differs significantly.
- Kratom Quality: Quality matters when it comes to herbal supplements. A cheap brand might create a subpar physical response because of low alkaloids. Ideally, you should always use quality herb and only purchase well-known and respected brands. At My Kratom Club, we sell leading brands of kratom HERE.
- Storage: Kratom is cured so it lasts a long time when stored properly. However, if you fail to store the herb adequately then the alkaloids start to break down and the herbal supplement becomes less effective. Never expose kratom to moisture, UV light or excessive oxygen. The alkaloids will rapidly deteriorate and all of the herb’s properties become stripped away. Store your kratom in an airtight container inside the fridge and make sure the container also blocks all light. Successful storage of the herb guarantees freshness and potency.
- Current Health: Your current health has a bearing on how often you can use kratom and the results you’ll achieve. If you are tired, have poor nutrition, or suffer from certain illnesses then the herbal supplement might not work correctly. Alcohol also appears to neutralize kratom’s effects on many individuals. Although, a small amount often appears to enhance the herb.
If you are trying to figure out how often to use kratom remember that using it infrequently will render the greatest results.
When you use kratom you should never use it every single day or your body will become accustomed to the supplement and you won’t reap the benefits.
However, some people have no choice but to use it frequently and they will need to take precautions to avoid tolerance if they cannot take a break.
Please contact us at My Kratom Club to learn more.
Leave A Comment